Group Fitness Career
Wow! It’s possible to make a career from teaching group fitness classes. Absolutely, it is. You can earn money and help people become fitter and healthier too.
There are many opportunities to teach group fitness classes. If you have a personal passion for it, or if you want some extra money and like to help people, there are many benefits to becoming a group fitness instructor.
Teaching group fitness is a great way to stay fit. It can teach you the importance of exercise, goal setting and monitoring your progress while offering your community a way to get fit and healthy. Group fitness has many more benefits than personal workouts – it can lead to long-term success as many people enjoy connecting and exercising in groups. It can be taught in a wide range of settings, such as gyms, community centres and halls. Private homes or in a virtual platform.
Starting a group fitness career means that you can control your schedule. If you want to work mornings, evenings, or weekends, you can do that. Plus, you don’t have to worry about working for someone else’s company and doing things that are not in line with your values.
Have a successful Group Fitness Career.
You must prepare yourself with the proper knowledge and skills to teach classes.
Below we will give you some steps to become a successful group fitness instructor.
- The first step to becoming a great group fitness instructor is understanding what makes you an effective leader. Are you the type of person who can motivate others to do whatever it takes to be successful? Are you an inspirational leader that people want to follow? Are you naturally enthusiastic and passionate?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then there’s a good chance instructing is a good fit for you.
- Any fitness instructor can teach any exercise class. But to succeed as a fitness instructor, you must determine what type of group fitness class you enjoy most and do your best work in. To identify the best type of group fitness class for you, ask yourself these questions: What is my personality? Do I have a friendly, outgoing personality? A loud, energetic voice? Am I funny? Do I respond well to humour?
If you answered yes to these questions, a high-energy class such as kickboxing or cardio dance might be for you. A low-key beginner’s class might suit you better if you are introverted and shy. What do I like doing for fun? Do I prefer being outdoors or indoors? Do I like to listen to music while exercising or not? Do I like to interact with others during exercise, or would I instead focus on myself?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the type of group fitness classes that appeal to you might include boot camp, water aerobics and cycling.
- Learn To Teach: Before looking into the business side, ensure you know how to teach group exercise classes. You can get certified in your area by taking a course through a local college or university.
Or you can check out My Group Move Instructor Pathway, which offers weekly coaching calls to help you along your journey.
- Consider Your Options: After you’ve learned how to teach group exercise classes, it’s time to figure out what sort of business model works best for you. Will you start your studio? Find work at an existing facility? Or would you instead work online from the comfort of home?
This is ultimately your decision, but weighing all the options is essential.
- Teaching group fitness is a very fulfilling way to make a living. It can be as simple as instructing a class, or you can work up to becoming a studio owner. Either way, you’ll be able to impact people’s lives daily. However, there are some things that you should know before becoming a group fitness instructor. For example, if you are planning on becoming a professional instructor, you will need to be able to handle many different personalities and situations at once. You will also need patience and good communication skills because you will work closely with many people simultaneously.
You should be able to quickly create rapport with strangers because you often deal with new students who do not know what they should expect regarding exercises or class structure. To become a successful group fitness instructor, you must choose the right training program to give you all the skills to make your dreams come true.
Now you have the tools to make a career from your passion.
Remember, it will take work and physical effort to achieve your goals, like fitness. You must be willing to put yourself out there at every chance! Try new things and accept that some rejections are part of the process as well as some failures. But if you are passionate enough about helping others and achieving your goals, you will do all you need to succeed.
There is no reason why you cannot have a great career in this industry and walk away with the satisfaction that you helped others get fit and feel great!