Water recruits more muscle fibres and provides greater resistance than air, which means it is an excellent medium for strengthening muscles. Water decreases wear and tear on muscles and reduces stress on joints. When exercisers are submerged to chest level, the gravitational pull on the body is reduced by around 85%.
- Little or no post exercise stiffness
- The massage effect of water increases circulation and promotes relaxation
- Water improves balance and coordination
- The heart pumps 10% to 20% more blood per beat – equivalent in effect to the pumping capacity of the heart of a peak performance athlete
- 60 minute workout in water can burn between 350-500 calories
- Can be performed at different intensities
- Sports specific power water workouts are designed to duplicate the strength and aerobic training effects obtained on land
- Increase muscular endurance and strength as resistance that is around 830 times greater than air
Marietta offers a variety of aqua workshops in her unique and hugely popular style. A great way to upskill your aqua instruction and offer variety and challenge to your classes.
Master class DVDs offering you ideas and formats for every type of aqua class. Some DVDs include underwater footage and workshop notes.
Marietta frequently writes articles for her own blog / website, for Australian Fitness Network and features in many other publications.
With a reputation for creative and thoughtful workouts and workshops, many people have shared their thoughts and feelings about this one of a kind instructor and presenter.